Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Flower Cuff Bracelet

I came across a blog that had these adorable Cuff Bracelets. I decided I wanted to try it. I borrowed a picture from the blog thinking it had the blog sight on the picture...um nope. So I will search through my history, but I might now be able to find it. If you have seen this blog, and you know what it is...leave me a comment so I can give proper credit.

Ok I decided I could do this with a glue gun. She had sewed her stuff together. I wanted to see if a glue gun could handle it. YES IT CAN!!



These are the items I used. Some spring flowers, some felt, and some velcro. I did use a glue gun and had some pearls that I had at the house.

I cut the felt into two strips that matched. Then I took the flower and took the middle part out. You know the part that is plastic. Then I took just the flower pedal and glued it on another flower pedal. I tried to make the pedals turned a little so there was some depth to it. After I glued that, I put some glue in the middle and put either 3 little pearls or 1 big one. As that was drying I glued the two strips of felt together. Then I took my velcro and put it on the appropriate sides so that I could connect them like a cuff. Then I hot glued the flowers onto the cuff. Now the first one I did I spaced them out a bit so when you closed it, it was too spaced. Made another one and put them closer together. I have to say I think that I would like to try this again, with rose pedals. (like they did in the picture) But my 10 year old loves it, and so does my 5 year old. Tada




No comments:

Post a Comment